Warranty Terms and Conditions
Warranty Terms and Conditions include but are not limited to:
The term of warranty contract commences at date of product purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty; it does not replace the manufacturer's warranty, but provides certain additional benefits during the term of the manufacturer's warranty. After the manufacturer's warranty expires, this Service Contract continues to provide the manufacturer's benefits as well as certain additional benefits listed within this Service Contract.
Advance Exchange Warranty
The advance unit replacement includes priority phone access to our technical support and problem escalation team for an unlimited number of incidents. Should our technical support team determine a replacement is necessary, a replacement unit will be shipped in advance via Overnight shipping for next business day delivery. Customers will have 15 days to return the defective unit back to our repair facility to avoid being charged for the replacement unit. Customers are responsible for the shipping and any insurance costs to ship the defective scanner back to our repair facility. Requests for this service processed before 12:00 Pacific Time will ship by the next business day.
Advance Exchange with On-Site Warranty
Advance Exchange with On-site provides the same benefits and features of our Advance Exchange Warranty. However, if our technical support determines a site visit is necessary to exchange the scanner, a replacement unit will be shipped in advance via overnight for next businnes day delivery and a technician will be dispatched next business day to set up the scanner, provided as long as your residence is located within thirty (30) miles of one of Our Authorized Service Providers. The technician will then exchange the product, verify the replacement unit is working, and then return the defective unit.
Service Contract Limits of Liability
The total payment(s) for all claims under this Service Contract shall not exceed the original purchase price of the covered product(s), excluding taxes. If We determine that the covered Product(s) is not repairable, We may replace the covered Product with a product of like kind and quality, not to exceed the original purchase price of the covered Product. The replacement product will be covered for the remaining period of the Service Contract.
Service Contract Holder's Responsibilities
You must follow the instructions for use in the owner's manual of Your Product. You must have Your Product maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements, as outlined in the owner's manual. Failure to follow the manufacturer's maintenance and service requirements may result in the denial of coverage under this Service Contract. We highly recommend (but do not require as a condition of this Contract) the regular back up of data and software. This contract does not cover the cost of data recovery or other consequential or incidental damages.
Exclusions - What Is Not Covered
- Normal maintenance, cleaning, or tune-ups
- Cosmetic defects or damage (such as cracked cases and broken hinges) or defects that do not inhibit the proper operation and performance of the covered items
- Repair or replacement covered by any other warranty, service agreement, or insurance policy in effect at the time of the failure
- Repair or replacement due to failure to properly install, operate, maintain, or clean the covered Product in accordance with the local codes and the manufacturer's printed instructions, or from use in any combinations not approved in the manufacturer's specifications, or from any authorized modifications or alterations
- Repair or replacement due to vandalism, riot, or general environmental conditions, including but not limited to rust, corrosion or mold
- Any service request which results in customer education or no problem found
- Conditions which existed prior to Your purchase and delivery of the Product or the Service Contract. Special, indirect, or consequential damages
- Loss or damage caused by accidental or intentional physical damage, spilled liquids, insect infestation, misuse, abuse or service costs or damage caused by unauthorized repair personnel
- Personal items left in the product to be repaired
- Products that are not listed on the Service Contract
- Theft and loss
- Loss or damage to the covered product while in the course of transit, delivery, or redelivery
- Alteration or removal of the serial number
- Damaged caused by disassembly of the Product
- Damage resulting from software virus; improper gas or water connections, or electrical wiring and connections in user environment; user facilitated minor adjustments and settings outlined in the product's owners manual; external antenna or local reception problems; inaccessible products or parts; negligence
- Failures due to dust, animal or insect damage; acts of God such as fire, water, windstorm, sand, dirt, hail or earthquake; civil disorders; nuclear accident
You may be asked to provide proof of purchase as a condition for receiving service under this Service Contract.
YOUR ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT SHOULD BE KEPT WITH THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IN A SAFE PLACE.
THIS IS VISIONEER'S ONLY WARRANTY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY CONCERNING THE PRODUCT, ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. AS A RESULT, EXCEPT AS SET OUT ABOVE, THE PRODUCT IS SOLD "AS IS" AND YOU ARE ASSUMING THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE PRODUCTS SUITABILITY TO YOUR NEEDS, ITS QUALITY AND ITS PERFORMANCE.
IN NO EVENT WILL VISIONEER BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT OR FROM ITS USE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
All exclusions and limitations of this warranty program are made only to the extent permitted by applicable law and shall be of no effect to the extent in conflict with the express requirements of applicable law.
Information is subject to change without notice.
If your product is considered Out of Warranty, there is no Authorized Service Center or Service Dealers for Visioneer scanners. We offer an industry leading upgrade program, giving a 20% discount from our online scanner store for customers that return their old unit to ensure proper disposal as part of our environmental recycling program.