Mobile Duplex Color Scanner Plus Docking Station
Flexibility to meet the needs of any job.
The Strobe 500 has all the features you expect in a powerful desktop scanner such as an 20-page Automatic Document Feeder, 30 images per minute duplex scanning speed, and Visioneer OneTouch with Kofax VRS technology. Then at the push of a button, the Strobe 500 ejects from its docking station to become a full function mobile scanner with USB-powered operation.
When your office is not contained within four walls and can be anywhere you are, you need a scanner with flexibility. Healthcare, real estate, construction, financial services, insurance are just some of the occupations the Strobe 500 was designed for. Whether scanning contracts, forms, receipts, photos, ID cards, handwritten notes or virtually any document of varying size or complexity, the Strobe 500 does its job so you can do yours.
Visioneer OneTouch is an easy to use utility that connects the buttons on the Strobe scanner with a powerful set of scanner settings to greatly improve the efficiency of your workflow - so that with one touch, the document is scanned automatically to email, or Word, or your printer, or simply a file folder.
Text Searchable PDF
If you can't search your scanned documents by their content, you might as well be looking at paper again. The Strobe 500 can scan automatically to searchable PDF. It preserves the integrity of the scanned page so that layout, signatures, logos, photos, etc., remain intact, but the text is OCR'd so that you can search the document by its content. This is very powerful when looking for a single document among hundreds or thousands.
Kofax® VRS™ technology
The Strobe 500 integrates Kofax VRS image enhancement technology into the OneTouch scanning process. VRS is the gold-standard in image improvement technology. Imperfect originals are automatically turned into perfect scans that are easier to read for the human eye and the computer's eye. OCR results are dramatically improved, file size is decreased and scans look as clear as the originals. And every page is custom corrected automatically so you can batch together clean, laser quality documents with your imperfect originals. The results are amazing.
Millions of professionals rely on PaperPort to save time and money by transforming paper documents into searchable digital documents. PaperPort combines the efficiency of document management, the convenience of superbly scanned documents and the power of creating PDF files, to bring a new level of operational proficiency to you organization.
Nuance® OmniPage Pro®
Provides a precise OCR and layout retention solution, quickly turning scanned documents into editable, formatted text. The text can then be used in virtually any word processing, desktop publishing or web publishing program.
Mac Software Support
Below are features that are supported by the included Mac software
- Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, or later including Snow Leopard (10.6+)
- PDF and Compressed PDF file support
- Visioneer OneTouch button scanning from scanner front panel or software
- AutoCrop & Deskew
- Scan to Print (Copy function)
- Scan to Email
- Scan to File
- Single or multiple pages per file
- Configure before Scan
- Variable Compression
- Unique file name for each scan
- Color, Resolution, Brightness, Contrast & Gamma Controls
- Custom or Preset Paper Sizes
- Profile Naming
- Scanner Type: Sheetfed
- Simplex or Duplex: Duplex (two side scanning)
- Speed @ 200 dpi, b&w, simplex: 15 ppm
- Speed @ 200 dpi, b&w, duplex: 30 ipm
- Scan Method: Fast Sheefted Duplex and Front Sheetfed
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- Output Bit Depth: 24-bit Color, 8-bit Grayscale, 1-bit Bitonal
- ADF Capacity: 20 sheets (20 lb. paper)
- ADF Maximum Paper Size: 8.5" x 36" in
- ADF Minimum Paper Size: 3.5" x 2.0" in
- Maximum Paper Size: 8.5 x 36 in
- Interface: USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible)
- Duty Cycle: 500 pages/day
- Drivers: TWAIN, WIA
- Supported Operating Systems (OneTouch 4): Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP (SP2), Mac OS X v10.4 or later
- One Touch Buttons/Destinations: 6
- Visioneer OneTouch Technology: Yes
- Image Enhancement Technology: Visioneer Acuity
- Power Supply UK/Europe Plugs: Yes
- Standard Warranty: 1 year
- Dimensions: 11.7" x 18.9" x 11.1" (W×D×H)
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.
- Nuance PaperPort
- Nuance OmniPage
- NewSoft Presto! BizCard
- Visioneer OneTouch with Kofax VRS technology
- TWAIN & WIA Drivers
- ExactScan Lite Capture Application
- NewSoft Presto! PageManager
- Pentium IV or equivalent processor
- Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM for Vista & 7)
- 350 MB available hard disk space
- DVD-ROM drive
- USB port
- 1.6 MHz or faster PowerPC G5 or
1.83 GHz or faster Intel Core processor
- Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, or later
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 350 MB available hard-disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- USB port
> Drivers & Manuals
> Service Agreements
> Section 508