Mobile and Desktop Flexibility in a Duplex Color Scanner
The Strobe 400 is a duplex scanner for the busy professional who needs a fast and reliable scanning solution that can be used anywhere. Measuring only 11.5" x 2.7" x 2" and weighing a mere 1.8 pounds the Visioneer Strobe 400 is the world’s smallest cross-platform document scanner. It easily fits on a crowded desk or in a tight briefcase. With Visioneer’s AutoLaunch™ technology, the Strobe 400 automatically scans documents as soon as they are inserted into the scanner. When used in duplex mode, it scans documents at only 6 seconds per image.
Designed to provide a low cost duplex scanning solution for vertical markets such as healthcare, banking, insurance, legal and retail, the Strobe 400 instantly turns paper documents into distributable digital files. Users can scan, file and store all of their documents, plastic ID cards, checks, articles, brochures and business cards regardless of location because the Strobe 400 may be powered through a USB port, or via wall-power.
Visioneer® OneTouch®Visioneer OneTouch is an easy to use utility that connects the buttons on the Strobe scanner with a powerful set of scanner settings to greatly improve the efficiency of your workflow – so that with one touch, the document is scanned automatically to email, or Word, or your printer, or simply a file folder.
Text Searchable PDFIf you can’t search your scanned documents by their content, you might as well be looking at paper again. The Strobe 400 can scan automatically to searchable PDF. It preserves the integrity of the scanned page so that layout, signatures, logos, photos, etc., remain intact, but the text is OCR’d so that you can search the document by its content. This is very powerful when looking for a single document among hundreds or thousands.
Kofax® VRS™ technologyThe Strobe 400 integrates Kofax VRS image enhancement technology into the OneTouch scanning process. VRS is the gold-standard in image improvement technology. Imperfect originals are automatically turned into perfect scans that are easier to read for the human eye and the computer’s eye. OCR results are dramatically improved, file size is decreased and scans look as clear as the originals. And every page is custom corrected automatically so you can batch together clean, laser quality documents with your imperfect originals. The results are amazing.
Nuance® PaperPort®Millions of professionals rely on PaperPort to save time and money by transforming paper documents into searchable digital documents. PaperPort combines the efficiency of document management, the convenience of superbly scanned documents and the power of creating PDF files, to bring a new level of operational proficiency to you organization.
Nuance® OmniPage Pro®Provides a precise OCR and layout retention solution, quickly turning scanned documents into editable, formatted text. The text can then be used in virtually any word processing, desktop publishing or web publishing program
Mac SoftwareThe ExactScan capture utility enables multiple scanner configurations to be set and controled by the two scan buttons on the front panel of the Strobe 400. Scanning as PDF files to Email, folders, print or the application of your choice is as easy as pressing a button.Presto! PageManager makes it easy to share, and organize your documents, notes, receipts or photos and documents. OCR your pages to edit them in word or reuse the text elsewhere.
We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee of scanner purchases made on our website. Some products are subject to a 15% restocking fee when returned. For a list of these products and to find out more about our return policy, visit our Ordering Online FAQ.
> Drivers & Manuals
> Parts & Accessories
> Hi-Res Images and Documents
> Section 508
- Image Enhancement Technology: Kofax VRS Basic
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
- Simplex or Duplex: Duplex (two side scanning)
- Standard Warranty: 1 year
- Interface: USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible)
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- Visioneer OneTouch Technology (PC): Yes
- One Touch Buttons/Destinations: 6
- Duty Cycle: 500 pages/day
- Dimensions: 11.5" x 2.7" x 2.0" (W×D×H)
- Output Bit Depth: 24-bit Color, 8-bit Grayscale, 1-bit Bitonal
- Scan Method: Duplex Front Sheet Feed
- Maximum Paper Size: 8.5" x 37" in
- Drivers: TWAIN, WIA
- Supported Operating Systems (OneTouch 4): Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP (SP2), Mac OS X v10.4 or later
- Speed - Letter/A4 (8.5" × 11"): 5.5 sec/page
- Imaging sensor: Dual Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Minimum Paper Size: 2.2" x 2.2" in
- Power Supply UK/Europe Plugs: Yes
- Pentium IV or equivalent processor
- 1 GB RAM (512 MB for XP)
- Windows® 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- 350 MB available hard disk space
- DVD-ROM drive
- USB port
*As an end-of-life product, the Strobe 400's older firmware may not fully support the newer Intel Q87 and H81 chipsets.
- 1.6 GHz or faster PowerPC G5 or 1.83 GHz or faster Intel Core processor
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Mac OS v10.4, v10.5, or later
- 350 MB available hard-disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- USB port
- Nuance PaperPort
- Nuance OmniPage
- Visioneer OneTouch with Kofax VRS
- TWAIN & WIA Drivers
- ExactScan 2 Lite Capture Application
- NewSoft Presto! PageManager