Cleaning the inside of the scanner helps to keep your scanner operating at optimum performance. You should clean the inside of the scanner at least once a week or after 1,000 pages have been scanned. If you are getting frequent paper jams, multiple pages feeding at the same time, or you’re seeing lines in the scanned image, it is time to clean the scanner.
Note: Be careful when cleaning the rollers. All of the rollers, except the free rollers, are designed to rotate in one direction only. Do not force the roller to rotate in the opposite direction. Forcing the roller to rotate will damage it, and cause the scanner to feed pages incorrectly.
- Wet a soft cloth with some Isopropyl rubbing alcohol (70%).
- Open the Automatic Document Feeder cover
3. Wipe clean the rollers and glass in the scanner body. Rotate the rollers to clean the entire surface.
4. Wipe clean the rollers and glass in the underside of the ADF door. Rotate the rollers to clean the entire surface.
5. Using a clean, dry cotton swab, brush away any dust on the double feed detection sensors.
6. Close the scanner when you’re finished.